November 13, 2014
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM (ET)
Join a live stream on Thursday, November 13 for a Symposium on the Future of Evidence, hosted by Frank Farrow, Lisbeth Schorr, Joshua Sparrow and the Friends of Evidence at the Center for the Study of Social Policy. The event will explore how reform efforts in health, education, social services and community change can become both more accountable and more effective. The deliberations will examine how the growing complexity of social problems and their solutions will require new approaches to generating, analyzing and applying evidence to improve critical societal outcomes and to assure the wise allocation of scarce resources.
THE SYMPOSIUM WILL BE STREAMED LIVE FROM 9AM – 4:30PM (ET)
• Alice Rivlin, Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution; Former Director, Office of Management and Budget
• Tony Bryk, President, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
• Hilary Pennington, Vice President, Ford Foundation
• Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder and CEO, PolicyLink
• Patrick McCarthy, President, Annie E. Casey Foundation
Preview the Symposium Agenda.
For more information, download the paper: An Evidence Framework to Improve Results
Presented by the Friends of Evidence at the Center for the Study of Social Policy: Susan Bales, Anthony Bryk, Deborah Daro, Frank Farrow, Lawrence Green, John Kania, Nat Kendall-Taylor, Patti Patrizi, Charles Payne, Lisbeth Schorr, Joshua Sparrow