Senior Project Director, Research & Evaluation
Research Associate, Harvard Medical School
Elisa Vele-Tabaddor, PhD, is a Developmental Psychologist and appointed Research Associate at Harvard Medical School with extensive experience in infancy and early childhood research and program evaluation.
Dr. Vele-Tabaddor joined The Brazelton Touchpoints Center (BTC) in 2004. In her role as Project Director of Research & Evaluation, Dr. Vele-Tabaddor manages research and evaluation initiatives across the Touchpoints Site Network. She offers evaluation and program development consultation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis and report writing and editing. She presents evaluation findings to local, regional and national stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Her publications relate to early childhood & youth development and developmental & relational interventions for young children and their families.
For a decade, Dr. Vele-Tabaddor has worked in the field of early childhood evaluation examining innovative approaches focused on building systems of care and supporting and advocating for underrepresented children and families. She has worked as a researcher at the Westchester Institute for Human Development, New York Medical College, Rose F. Kennedy Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Education Development Center, Inc. and Wilder Foundation.
Alongside her work at BTC, she is also adjunct faculty in the Departments of Psychology at Northeastern University, School of Professional Studies and Providence College.
- BS Fairfield University, Psychology
- MA Yeshiva University- Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, General Psychology
- PhD Yeshiva University- Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Developmental Psychology
Areas of Special Interest and Expertise
- Infant Mental Health Intervention
- Developmental and Relationship-Based Program Evaluation
- Vele-Tabaddor, E. (Spring 2010). What is Neuroscience telling us about babies? Ab Initio International Online Journal. http://www.brazelton-institute.com/abinitio2010/index.html
- Decker Gerrard, M., Shelton, E., Skrypek, M., Mortenson, R., Vele-Tabaddor, E., & Gaona, M. (December 2008). Finding permanent families for teens under state guardianship: Final report for the homecoming project. www.wilder.org.
- Vele-Tabaddor, E. (Spring 2008). Using science to build a healthy start with children: An Interview with Jack P. Shonkoff, M.D. Ab Initio International Online Journal. http://www.brazelton-institute.com/index.html
- Vele-Tabaddor, E., & Kahana-Kalman, R. (Spring 2008). Videotape analysis intervention in an Early Head Start sample. Ab Initio International Online Journal. http://www.brazelton-institute.com/index.html
- Vele-Tabaddor, E. (Summer 2007). Putting Children First: An Interview with Judith Palfrey, MD. Ab Initio International Online Journal. http://www.brazeltoninstitute.com/abinitio2007summer/index.html
- Fishman, J., Vele-Tabaddor, E., Blanchard, Y., Keefer, C., Minear, L., & Nugent, J.K. (Summer 2007). The effect of the Newborn Behavioral Observation Scale (NBO) on caregiver relationships. Ab Initio International Online Journal. http://www.brazeltoninstitute.com/abinitio2007summer/index.html
- Vele, E.M. (2004). Relationship-based, dyadic early head start intervention (Doctoral dissertation, Yeshiva University, 2004). Dissertation Abstracts International, 66 (2-B), 626.
- Singh, B.K., & Vele, E.M. (2000). Prognosis of epilepsy in adults with Down syndrome [Abstract]. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 44, 466.