Babies and children, families and communities do the research on what it takes for them to flourish. Listen with us to what they’ve been learning. Watch a webinar. Check out the Indigenous Early Learning Collaborative. Join the Brazelton Touchpoints Center Learning Network. Join the conversation.
What is Family Connections?
Family Connections provides an evidence-based, system-wide model for mental health consultation and professional development.
- Builds professional capacity
- Promotes mental health and social-emotional wellness in young children, their families, and providers
- Deepens professionals’ understanding of families facing depression and other adversities
Family Connections was developed with the support of an Innovation and Improvement Project grant to Boston Children’s Hospital from the Office of Head Start, Administration for Children and Families, at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Who is Family Connections for?
- Child care providers
- Mental health practitioners
- Home visitors
- Family advocates
- Program managers
- Others working with young children and their families
What do providers learn?
- A framework to enhance their mental health consultation services to young children, their families, and early childhood professionals
- How to support further professional development regarding social-emotional development and mental health
- Strategies to deepen professionals’ understanding of families facing depression and other adversities
- The importance of self-reflection, perspective-taking, and self-care for providers and families
For Family Connections Resources, click here
How do providers learn?
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this training is currently being offered online.
For additional information, visit our Menu of Professional Development Services or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are people saying about this course?
“This training was very informative especially on what mental health means, and how it impacts families and communities. I now have a more thorough understanding, more clarity on what to listen for when I visit with families.”
—Early childhood home visitor
“Entering the classrooms with the children and teachers has been a joy. But, I have been wondering about direction and methods to be effective with mental health consultations. Thank you for providing exactly those.”
—Early childhood mental health consultant
“You have brought me hope, tools, and refreshed my enthusiasm to cope with/help in the area where I get most questions: But what do I do when there are real mental health issues? This has been powerful for me and I can’t wait to share it with others as I know it will help them in the difficult challenges that they face on a daily basis.”
—Early intervention service coordinator
Would you like to bring this course or another BTC training to your program, organization, or community?
BTC facilitators can offer our courses online to your community. We can also customize trainings to meet your program’s or organization’s professional development needs. Contact us today for more information: email@example.com